CHRISTMAS MARKET – CHALET / STALLS RENTAL OFFER
Fri Nov 20th to Thurs 24th Dec
The Dun Laoghaire Business Improvement District Company (BID Company) are pleased to announce the launch of the Dun Laoghaire Christmas Festival Market for traders, which this year will be run on the front grounds of the historic Maritime Museum in Dun Laoghaire (www.mariner.ie) between the Lexicon Library and Haigh Terrace (off George’s St).
The Market is estimated to attract approx 10,000 customers over the course of its five week run during which time the additional attraction of a maritime themed Christmas Experience for Children in the Maritime Museum will run in conjunction with the Market opening hours.
The BID company is now calling on all interested Traders / Craft Designers / Food Merchants to submit expressions of interest in renting a Chalet / Trader’s unit space for the duration of the Christmas Market period. Full info below:
Summary Info / Terms / Pricing & Guidelines
Market will run Thurs & Fri evenings, all day Sat & Sun from Fri 20th Nov to Thurs 24th Dec as well as all day Monday 21st to Thursday 24th December.
Opening Hours as follows:
Thursdays: 5.30pm to 8.30pm
Fridays: 5.30pm to 8.30pm
Saturdays: 10am to 6pm
Sundays: 10am to 6pm
▪ Preference will be given to high quality and good value local craft, design & food marketers suitable for a Christmas Market product offering.
▪ Nr of Chalets / Trader rental spaces available: 20
Food traders interested in using own mobile units are fully eligible to do so on the same basis as a chalet rental. Please state if this is your preference in your submission of interest.
▪ Traders must supply their own public liability insurance for their relevant rental space for the duration of the festival market. Insurance documentation must be submitted either upon application, or, if selected, on payment of the requisite fee. Failure to do so will deem your application invalid.
▪ Electricity: There will be an electricity supply onsite however all traders are responsible for their own electrical installations and are required to have all electrical appliances PAT tested and to have the relevant certification onsite.
▪ Gas Safety: All gas appliances must conform to local Fire Office Directives.
▪ Environmental Health Association Registration: All food traders must be registered with the Environmental Health Association in Ireland. Copy of this certificate must be provided with Application.
Pricing / Terms
▪ Chalet rentals for the Dun Laoghaire Christmas Market will only be accepted for the full 5 week duration of the market. The market does not offer casual / daily or weekly pitch rates.
Arts / Crafts / Gift Products: Chalet Space Rental x 5 Weeks: €600
Cold / Dry Food Products: Chalet Space Rental x 5 Weeks: €1,000
Hot Food Products: Chalet Space / Vehicular Rental Space x 5 Weeks: €1,350
▪ VAT is not chargeable on chalet rental prices
▪ Prices are inclusive of power charges & security costs during market opening hours & overnight.
▪ Closing date for receipt of Submissions of Interest is 5pm on Friday 2nd October 2015.
▪ A selection board will convene on Monday, 5th October, 2015 and successful/unsuccessful applicants will be notified BY EMAIL on or before Friday 9th October.
▪ For successful applicants, fees must be paid by 4.00p.m on Friday 6th November 2015 Failure to do so will deem your application ineligible. The requisite insurance documentation must also be submitted by Friday 6th November at the latest. Failure to do so will deem your application ineligible.
▪ To submit an expression of interest / application please send the following info by email to the Business Improvement District Company to the email addresses below:
Tel: 01 903 5327 Tel: 01 2303880
(i) Your product info
(ii) Website info (if applicable)
(iii) History of business / trade to date (if applicable)
(iv) Full contact details.