Welcome to Digital Dún Laoghaire
Dún Laoghaire is a great place to do business. It is home of more than 60 companies in the Digital Space, including a number of multinational players and fast growing newcomers. Only a 10 minute DART journey away from Grand Canal Dock and its global giants, Dún Laoghaire has a lot to offer:
- A creative and open atmosphere: Dún Laoghaire is a wonderful seaside town. Try walking the East Pier with an ice cream (try Teddies or Scrumdiddlys) to clear your head and get new ideas.
- A superb talent pool: 2,500 IT Developers currently live in Dún Laoghaire; 8,600 multilingual sales/support staff & 13,500 English speaking sales/support staff with experience in the Digital Industries AND both UCD & IADT are close by.
- Readily available office space at a fraction of Dublin City prices
- A close network of peers with monthly meet-ups and exciting events
- Dún Laoghaire is pro-business with a supportive County Council, a pro-active Local Enterprise Office and a very open business community with a service orientated Business Improvement District.
Digital Dún Laoghaire is an initiative of the Dún Laoghaire Business Improvement District and supported by key stakeholders in the town. The Initiative was launched by Minister of Jobs Minister for Jobs, Enterprise & Innovation Mary Mitchell O’Connor on the 30th September 2016. Our goal is to build a strong cluster of digital companies in Dún Laoghaire for the innovation and urban regeneration that this will provide. It is a local project with national significance as we will seek to share the blueprint of our initiative as it progresses with towns across the country.
Our Chairman is Anthony Quigley, Co Founder & Director of the Digital Marketing Institute. The Digital Marketing Institute, located in Dún Laoghaire, is a hugely successful organisation providing course certification to over 15,000 graduates in 80 countries around the world.
Digital Dún Laoghaire Map
Dún Laoghaire is a hive of activity for digital companies. Our map below provides an overview of those located within the town.
Digital Dún Laoghaire Steering Group
The Digital Dún Laoghaire steering group meets on a regular basis and comprises of representatives from Dún Laoghaire Business Improvement District, Dún Laoghaire Rathdown Local Enterprise Offices, local tech companies and other key stakeholders.
— DigitalDunLaoghaire (@DDunLaoghaire) September 30, 2016
— Eoin K. Costello (@EoinKCostello) 30 September 2016
Why Dún Laoghaire is a great location for digital companies
Many thanks to our friend Adie McGennis for putting together a great overview of why so many digital companies chose Dún Laoghaire as their base.
Digital Dun Laoghaire on Instagram
Dec 2cd is our next @DigiD_L event featuring great panels, exhibitors and networking ops, register here – https://t.co/CO3TIvFc9n A photo posted by DigitalDunLaoghaire (@digitaldunlaoghaire) on
Join us on Meetup!