DUN LAOGHAIRE BUSINESS IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT (“DL BID” or the “Company”) RULES IN RELATION TO THE PROCUREMENT OF SERVICES AND GOODS
The following rules shall apply in relation to the procurement of services and goods by DL Bid unless otherwise resolved by a written resolution of the board of directors of the Company (the “Board”):
- Expenditure (exclusively for the purposes of the business of the Company) of up to €2,000 (exclusive of VAT) to be approved or authorised by the CEO in writing. If there are a number of contracts with the same supplier in the same financial year which in aggregate exceeds €2,000, then such expenditure must be brought to the attention of the Board by the CEO at the earliest opportunity.
- Expenditure of between €2,001 and €5,000 (exclusive of VAT), three verbal quotations (to be confirmed by email) to be obtained, recommendation from the CEO to the Board and final decision by the Board (such decision, if necessary can be by email copied in to all members of the Board, to be made by at least four members of the Board).
- Expenditure above €5,000 (exclusive of VAT), three full written quotations, detailed written recommendation from the CEO to the Board and final decision by the Board (such decision, if necessary can be made by email copied in to all members of the Board, to be made by a majority of the members of the Board).
- All contracts to be awarded on the basis of most suitable and economically advantageous to the Company and on the basis of the rules regarding Disclosures attached as Appendix 1.
- Any director of DL Bid who is in any way, whether directly or indirectly, interested in a contract or proposed contract with the Company, must declare the nature of his or her interest at the next available meeting of the Board or inform (by email) each member of the Board earlier if appropriate and if the circumstances so demand.
- Those who sit on sub-committees of the Board or working groups who are not directors of the Board, must, as soon as possible, disclose in writing to the Chairman of the Board any interest, whether direct or indirect (“Interest”), he or she may have in a contract or a proposed contract with the Company.
- DL Bid is not prohibited from entering into a contract with a director (or any person connected to that director) or a member of a sub-committee of the Board or a working group but the Board may decide, taking all things into account, that it would not be prudent or appropriate to enter into a contract in which a director (or a member of a sub-committee or a working group) has an Interest.
- A director (or member of a sub-committee of the Board or working group) who has an Interest in a contract or a proposed contract with the Company shall not be involved in any way in the selection process in which the Company decides which contract it shall enter into.
- Any material contracts awarded by the Company (i.e. over €5,000 (exclusive of VAT)) should (unless the Board otherwise resolves in writing) be published on DL Bid’s website and other appropriate channels (social media and printed publications).