The Dún Laoghaire Christmas Festival 2018 is running from the 24th November – 23rd December with a full programme of events scheduled across the town.
The festival events kicked-off this weekend with Black Friday followed by Santa’s Arrival and the Turning on of the Christmas Lights on Saturday 24th November at the Harbour Plaza. Santa has since taken up residence at his Grotto on the top floor of Dún Laoghaire Shopping Centre, where he can be visited at the following times before Christmas:
- 2:00pm – 6:00pm Thursdays & Fridays
- 12:30pm – 7:00pm Saturdays & Sundays
The Christmas Market is now in place along The Metals and opposite the LexIcon, open from 11:00am to 7:00pm every weekend in the lead up to Christmas. A new addition for 2018 is the Vintage Fun Fair outdoor amusements, situated in and around the market stalls adjacent to the LexIcon.
Parking promotions apply across the town throughout the Christmas period – buy one hour, get one hour free.
We are also delighted to announce that thanks to the support of DLR County Council, for the 2018 Christmas Festival there have been more Christmas Lights installed in Dún Laoghaire town than ever before! For the first time ever St. Michael’s church will be lit up and the Christmas lights will extend all the way to York Road.
For more details on festival events, check out our ‘Dún Laoghaire Town’ Facebook page: Click
The Dún Laoghaire Christmas Festival Schedule
Black Friday – 23rd November
The Dún Laoghaire Christmas Festival kicked off with Black Friday shopping day, as Dún Laoghaire retailers offered great deals and discounts to early Christmas shoppers across the town. Some very special discounts were offered by the Dowlings of Dublin Butcher Shop in Bloomfields Shopping Centre as part of their 1st Birthday celebrations!
Ladies Night Out – Thursday 29th November
This Thursday 29th November will be Dún Laoghaire’s first ever Ladies Night – a town-wide event for retailers to host special customer evenings and to offer discounts, goodies, prizes and refreshments to their evening shoppers. Here are a few examples of what’s ‘in-store’ across the town this Thursday:
– Flying Tiger will be open until 9pm, offering refreshments, in-store games and a 10% discount on all items.
– The Zip Yard will be running free in-store style consultations for their customers from 5-7pm, as well as refreshments, giveaways, prizes and a 3 for 2 all day offer.
– Tierneys Gifts & Jewellery are providing a great Ladies Night welcome with refreshments, special discounts, exclusive offers, goody bags and a special prize draw.
– Dubray Books are hosting a Christmas shopping evening with a book-signing event by special guest authors, wine, refreshments and a 10% discount on the night.
– O’Brien’s are offering a wide range of drinks tastings on the night, including Glendalough Gin and Whiskey, White wines, Red Wines and Prosecco, with 20% back on customer loyalty cards throughout the event.
– Lloyd’s Pharmacy are promoting a 20% discount on all products (except medicines) in store.
– Grandstand Sports will be offering huge discounts on all ladies’ clothing and footwear, as well as goodie bags for all purchases over €50 on the day.
Reunion Night – Thursday 20th December
For all those returning home for the Christmas period, The Purty Kitchen are delighted to host the Dún Laoghaire Reunion Night at their upstairs venue, with food, drinks and 80’s music playing throughout the night. All proceeds from the event will be donated to a local charity.