On Street Parking in Dun Laoghaire
Availability & Costs
An on street parking study in 2016 found out several facts about parking habits in Dún Laoghaire Town. About 570 spaces were surveyed over a two week period. We created a short overview which will help you to find your perfect parking space in town.
In Dún Laoghaire there are about 4500 parking spaces in total which is more than in Dundrum. About 570 are on street parking spaces. Parking on street will cost you €1.50 for 60 minutes plus the 15 minutes grace period however, there is a maximum of 3 hours.There are some places where you can park all day. An all day ticket will cost you €10.
The study found out that the most parking spaces are in:
The busiest streets in town are:
The survey found out that these are the quietest streets:
||Georges Street Upper
All Day parking is available in:
|Clarinda Park North Park Side
||Clarinda Park West Running along Park or green area
Comparison to Dublin City Centre on Street Parking
- Dublin City Centre: €2.40-€2.90 per hour, max 3 hours
- Dun Laoghaire: €1.50 per hour – No Clamping for On Street Parking
Dun Laoghaires Car Parks
Among the great number of on-street parking spaces Dún Laoghaire has another 5 car parks to offer.
Check out the information below to see which car park suits your needs the best.
- Opening hours: 7am – 11pm
- Rate: €2.40 per hour
- All day parking rate of €6.00
- Special rates:
- €4.20 (18:00hrs – Close), Overnight: €6.20 (18:00hrs – 08:00hrs)
- Weekly, Monthly & Student Rates available. Contact car park.
- Special Saturday & Sunday rate from opening until 7pm- max charge €6.00.
- Opening Times
- Monday to Thursday: 07:00 to 23:00
- Friday & Saturday: 07:00 to 00:00
- Sunday: 10:00 to 22:30
- 1hrs – €2.40, 1-2hrs – €4.80, 2-3hrs – €7.20, 3-4hrs – €9.60, 4-5hrs – €12.00, 5-24hrs – €12.00
- 350 Parking Spaces
- Mon – Sat: 8am – 9pm
- Sun & Bank Holidays: 9am – 7.30pm
- Hourly Rate: €2.00
- Daily €8
- Weekly evening rate €3 (from 6pm to 9pm), minimum charge €2 per hour
- Weekend all day rate €3
- Weekly ticket €20
- Monthly ticket €70
- Quarterly €200
- Yearly €750
- Overnight €48
- Callout fee afterhours €120
- Lost tickets €8
- If you spend over €30 or more at SuperValu Dun Laoghaire, SuperValu will deduct the cost of one hours parking from your ticket.
- 524 Parking Spaces
- Mon – Fri: 8am – 10pm
- Sat: 8am – 9pm
- Sun: 10am – 8pm
- Hourly: €2.40
- Max 24hr Charge: €15
- Prebook online
- Day Parking (9am – 7pm): €7
- 24 Hour Parking €10
- Evening/Overnight (4pm – 9am): €4
- Spend over €30 in Tesco and they will validate your parking ticket for up to 2 hours.
- The IMC Car Park offers 2 hours 30 minutes free parking when visiting the cinema.Validate your car park ticket in the cinema and enter it in the pay station before returning to your car.