The Dun Laoghaire Town Business Improvement District (BID), which was voted in by the businesses of Dun Laoghaire town in 2014, will complete its 5-year term on the 31st March 2019. The BID Board, which is run by Volunteers from the area with support from a small, part-time admin team, has made significant contributions to the economic development of Dun Laoghaire town over the period of its term.
Working together with the business community, and with support from Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council, Dun Laoghaire BID has helped deliver a number of significant initiatives during its term including;
- Annual Christmas Lights and Santa’s Arrival event which attracts thousands of locals and visitors to the town each year.
- A comprehensive strategic plan for the town (20|20 Vision) was created.
- Many new businesses were attracted to the town.
- A new co-working space for startups and digital businesses was established in partnership with Bank of Ireland.
- Digital Dún Laoghaire delivered over 25 meetups and lunchtime briefings with a total attendance of over 1,100.
The Department of Business, Enterprise & Innovation’s policy document “A Framework for Town Centre Renewal” recommends that ‘Town Teams’ be at the heart of the economic development of towns. Going forward, in order to progress our town as much as possible, work is in progress with a core group of key stakeholders to form an effective town team for Dún Laoghaire.
It is envisioned that this town team will work together across a number of complementary areas to further enhance Dun Laoghaire town for both business and lifestyle.
The Board of Dún Laoghaire BID would like to take this opportunity to thank the business community of the town for all their support, Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council and all the volunteers that gave selflessly of their time for the benefit of our town.